We had a garage sale this weekend. Our first ever as a married couple. I forgot how much I love having garage sales. I mean you get rid of crap you don't want and people pay you money for it. Amazing!! So I had been collecting stuff for several months now, ever since I starting nesting and going through things. So I decided it was time to try and get rid of it for good. Ben told me I didn't have enough stuff and it was going to be a lame garage sale...so I recruited my friends the Gilberts to bring their junk too. So together we put out a pretty good spread of stuff ranging from clothes, to toys, to carseats, linens, books, and other odds and ends. As I was preparing for the garage sale, Ben kept telling me I was underpricing things, so he wasn't going to put anything in the sale because I would sell it for too cheap. So on Saturday morning, as I was pulling stuff out into the driveway at 6:15am, Ben came out to help me. Then the spirit hit him and he started pulling out some of his junk to sell too. And we are talking stuff I never thought he would get rid of, like swords, action figures, fishing lures, tools, etc. And guess what, his stuff was the first to sell. Needless to say he caught the bug and started looking for anything else he could sell. So funny how the tables turn. Anywho, the day was pretty successful. We made $340 total and got rid of a bunch of stuff. I mean people bought my makeup samples and half opened bottles of soap. Who would have thought. The rest we packed up and donated to the hope center. So now, my garage is clean again and my house is a little less junky (and I mean just a little less). It is amazing how one person's junk is another person's treasure.
5 comments:
I am pretty sure if Ben got rid of action figures, you should give me some of the money! Just kidding of course, good for you, I never made ANY money on my garage sales but I did like getting rid of the stuff...
MAN! No pictures. I really wish your blogging friends could see the half full bottle of softsoap that sold. Just priceless. WAY to go though friend!!
O that is such a great feeling to clean out.
Perhaps you should have saved the action figures for baby Blevins. Were they star wars? :)Kids love them today.
Good job! I remember you loved garage sales when you were little. You were always the great helper. Do you remember the GIANT garage sale we had inside the house in Brenham when we moved to Dallas?
I so need to have a garage sale, but I am to lazy. Good Job!
Post a Comment