We have been having a great time though. Sunday, we came into town to charge our phones and see the big town of Lake City, pop. 206. We shopped a bit and then headed back out to the cabin. Then Vicki, Terri, and I went on a little adventure. We saw the North Clear Creek falls...it was amazing. Then we hung around the cabin for the evening.
We have all been up by 6am everyday. The sun rises early and it is really bright in the cabin. Which means that we get a lot done in a day...but maybe not as much sleep as we would like. Monday, Terri and I headed out for an early morning hike up the mountain. We did about a 6 mile hike. It was straight up hill for the first two hours...pretty tough...but we summitted the mountain and it was beautiful. Then we headed back down ...it only took us 50 minutes to get down. It was an awesome hike!! (I don't have my camera here with me, so no pics of this now. )
Ben, Taylor, Garrett and Pop all spent the afternoon fishing and enjoying the outdoors. They caught a bunch of fish...I think we are going to eat them this evening.
Our cabin is really pretty neat, even without electricity! The most beautiful hummingbirds that eat right outside of our window on the porch. They are pretty aggressive little buggers!! Ben has named the most aggressive one, Brooke...so funny right!! I just love my creative husband.
Today, Terri and I headed out for another hike. We think we hiked about 11 miles today!! It was intense, let's just say that. It was definitely beautiful, but I was glad to be off the mountain when we finished. The boys fished, while Lyndsey, Richard, and Macy went for a jeep ride. Tomorrow we head out for our big jeep ride along the Alpine Trail...should take us about 8 hours. It has been a great trip so far...we have definitely bonded and gotten to know each other better.
Sorry, couldn't get the pics to post!! I will post them at a later date
1 comment:
Sounds amazing and peaceful...breathe it in for all of us! :) love yall!
Court
Post a Comment