Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We Arrived!

This should have posted Sunday, but didn't....
Well we finally made it to the Oleo Ranch outside of Lake City, CO. It was raining when we arrived, so we quickly unloaded. We figured out which two cabins were ours, moved the stuff we had already unloaded to the cabin we would be cooking in, then got unpacked. We quickly discovered there was no electricity in these cabins...yes thats right no electricity. Everything is run on propane, including the refrigerator and all the lights. It is quite rustic, but so beautiful. We have an amazing view of the mountains. Our cabins are nestled in a valley with a beautiful spring running through it.  We had a nice dinner, went for a walk, and then hung out before heading to bed. We have had beautiful weather so far. It was a little chilly when we arrived ...45 degrees. It was 50ish this morning. Now it is in the upper 70s. We are in Lake City now...the only place we get cell service. Vicki and I had to sit outside a little shop and charge our phones. So no work for me while I am here..since with no electricity or cell phone service there is little I can do. We are going to jeep the Alpine Pass Wednesday which should be fun. I will try and post when we come back into town later this week. 

No comments: