Saturday, September 27, 2008

In Preparation

That's right my friends, the Blevins household has been in a state of craze for about the past week as we prepare for our 17 day excursion to Israel/Turkey. We leave Wednesday morning at 6:30am to head to Chicago, where we will catch a plane to Istanbul, Turkey, and then later that evening another plane to Tel Aviv. I think it will be about 48 hours between the time I leave my bed Wed morning and the time I hit a new bed Thursday evening.  So here is what I have done since Monday of this week...

1. Driven to Austin twice and back
2. Gone to three classes
3. Observed two student teachers
4. Lost my wallet
5. Read 500 + pages of material
6. Found my wallet
7. Mowed my yard
8. Did laundry
9. Shopped at costco twice
10. Visited the REI store for last minute supplies
11. Written 2 papers
12. Mourned the loss of a horse
13. Made dinner for little Luke Woodman and his family
14. Gone to a Riverside Staff meeting
15. Visited our new building space
16. Had a programming meeting
17. Read another 300 pages
18. Cooked dinner three times (that's a lot for me)
19. Climbed about 1000 flights of stairs (on the stairmaster of course)
20. Hung out with my great friends

And of course, no where in this list have I PACKED or CLEANED MY HOUSE!! That is on the agenda for today after I get back from working at the Loft. So much to do in so little time. But we are getting really excited about leaving this week. Should have more pictures to post later today.  

2 comments:

Rory-n-Jeremy said...

Good luck Brooke - can't wait to hear about your trip and if you get to pack! =)

Anonymous said...

Make Ben help you!!

I know you will have a wonderful trip, but i will miss you, and will be anxious about receiving your blogs. We will call when baby ER finally makes his appearance. Be safe, and know that our love and our prayers go with you.
Momma B