Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Big Surprise Part II

Well day 2 of the Big Surprise went great as well. Red River is having their big annual arts and crafts show this weekend, Aspencade. So there is lots of great shopping in downtown Red River. The girls spent the day shopping and then several of us (Janet S., Terri, Mom and I) headed up the mountain for a jeep ride. The mountain roads are a little rougher this year than I remember, but we made it up a good ways. The jeep we were in is one that Pop (Ben's grandad) has had for over 40 years. It to was born (aka made) in 1948, just like mom. So the Willy's Jeep celebrated its 60th birthday this year too! Last night we headed to the Sundance for dinner...of course it was absolutely delicious. Then we moved on to watch the dancers at the Motherlode. It was a lot of fun!! Today we plan on hanging out, having a late breakfast, and then driving back to Denver where I will get on a plane to head home. It's been wonderful to be in the mountains during this part of the year (this is the time of the year when Ben and I got married up here). It has been a nice reprieve from the heat and humidity of Texas. Here are some more pics from our adventures. 

Mom and I at lunch the first day!
All the ladies...shopping in Taos
Aspencade...this was one of our favorite things at the festival. Beautiful metal art. I would have brought one home had I been able to figure out how to get it home on the plane. 

Janet and Mom on the jeep ride.

Mom and I on top of the mountain. 


The 1948 Jeep Willy's!! It turned 60 this year too!

Mom, Janet, and Pop at the Motherlode last night. There were some great dancers out on the floor there. 

1 comment:

Jen Taylor said...

LOVE ALL THE PICS!!! Looks like y'all had such a good time, and so glad that your Mom was so happy!!

But Brookie, what sweatshirt are you wearing?