Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit- Matthew 28:19
Let me just begin by saying, G-d is good and His love endures forever. This Saturday our community shared in our 5th annual Baptism and it was AMAZING. I was baptized in our first baptism celebration nearly 5 years ago. It was such a special day. Each year, I continue to be more amazed by G-d's glory and provision. In our first baptism celebration, 4 people were baptized, this year 34 people made commitments of baptism or rededication. And each of their stories is an amazing testament to G-d's power and love. We had about 250 people come out to celebrate in this special day!!
Not only did we have a great turnout, but G-d took great care of the weather. He held off his quenching rain until everyone was baptized, we had eaten dinner, enjoy fun and games, and worshipped our hearts out. Just when I was thinking it was time to clean and pack up, G-d gave us a little hint of rain and people quickly packed up and were out!! I just love G-d's timing. What is crazy is that people said it was raining everywhere around us, but we didn't get a drop until after 8pm. I just love that!!

Ethan J Heare was baptized! Isn't he adorable.

After being baptized. Still so stinkin cute.

My good friend Gary! We are so proud of you!
Lance Klein, you are a rock star!! Before!
And After the big dunk! Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

Jack and Joanie...aren't those awesome shirts! Oh how do you get one, you ask...join the greatest acacia group on earth...the DEEP WATER CREW!!

Sweet Braden and Ryan, watching so intently.

Ben and I watching!!

Ben saying the shema!
Living with wet feet!! The whole community says the Shema together.
The Deep Water Crew!! Aren't we a fine looking bunch!

3 comments:
IT was so awesome and a blast. I get chills looking at hte pictures. Oh, and yes we are a FINE LOOKIN CREW!!!
This brought tears to my eyes. The Deep Water crew is, of course, awesome. The Riverside Community is awesome. And our Father is the MOST AWESOME.
I love being at the baptism and I hated to miss it. Thanks for sharing on the Blog. A part of me finds home in your community. I miss you, Ben, the menagerie, and the rest of your friends there
. Mom
I think it soaked in when I started crying to Linda Marceau about "community this" and "community that" ..then she called me an acacia fanatic...I am in two!!! I do have that tattoo on my back (pre naming).. can anyone really beat two nights a week of acacia?!!! And I am blessed and humbled
Post a Comment