Friday, May 11, 2012

Growing, Growing- 25 weeks and the Garden

Lots of things are growing around the Blevins house....

1. My belly and the baby girl who is inside. Little miss is a mover and a shaker...especially in the evening. She likes to let her momma know that she is still in there. So far, I still feel pretty good. Although I think I am starting to waddle as my back and legs are stiffer these days.

 

2. The tiny garden we planted this year--since we knew we would be moving fairly soon, we didn't want to invest in a big garden. We found these great raised bed planters at Sam's and planted a few plants. I am praying that our good luck with tomatoes followed us to Waco. I can't imagine a summer without homegrown, juicy tomatoes. 
 

3. Plans for our new home. Yes, that is right we are building a house.  We sold our house in Spring Branch to our wonderful friend the Pages and immediately got started moving forward in the building process. While I am super excited about the new house, I am also very overwhlemed....building is a lot of work involving a lot of decisions. Fortunately, Ben is awesome with this stuff. It has become a full time job for him...thankfully not for me. We are hoping it will be complete by the time baby girl arrives, but i am certainly not holding my breath.
 (below is the plan for the bottom floor...although it has already had a few revisions. We will also have a second story with an additional bedroom, bathroom, and playroom...but we will finish that part out at a later date). The kitchen, dining room, and living room are all open...no walls in between (although there are some demarcations on the plan). We are excited about this open floor plan for our life group and family gatherings. We will also have a beautiful (hopefully screened in) back porch with a fireplace that will extend the living space as well. Eli will have his very own secret play space underneath the stairs and I will have LOTS of closet space and a wonderful kitchen. WOO HOO.


No comments: