Yesterday my sweet son turned 6 months old. Half a year! Last year at this time he was just a little bean growing in my belly as Ben and I sat around imagining..would he be a girl or a boy? what he would look like...would he have hair or not? blue eyes? would he be on the shorter side like his parents? would he look more like me or Ben? What kind of disposition he would have...would he be sweet like his mom? or ornery like his dad? or a mixture of both? How would we parent him...would we be overprotective? would we be really laid back? would we even know what we were doing?
My how far we have come. Here is what I can tell you about my sweet son. He is beautiful, well handsome I guess since he is a boy, but I still say beautiful. He has deepest big blue eyes I have ever seen and he loves to use them to flirt with his momma. He has beautiful, flawless white (thanks to me) skin, with an angel kiss on the top of his head and one right above his precious hiney. He has the most precious, round, semi-bald head (although the dr says there is a little flattening on the right side...oops). When he smiles his whole face smiles, including his beautiful blue eyes. He has sweet rolls of baby goodness on his thighs. He has big hands but little feet...you know what they say about that...actually, I have no idea what they say about that.
He has the sweetest open mouth laugh, often brought on by tickling the back of his squishy baby thighs or the sides of his little round belly, or by saying words like "udder" (ask Ben on that one). He is an acrobat extraordinaire and can roll from his belly to his back and put his feet in his mouth. He loves playing with his toys on his playmat and sitting in his bumbo. His favorite food is still momma's milk, but he is increasingly liking rice cereal and will soon be introduced to the delicious world of sweet potatoes. He still hasn't mastered the sleeping through the night bit, but he is working on it. He enjoys car rides and has a bit of carcolespy like his mom. And he loves being outside.
He has the sweetest open mouth laugh, often brought on by tickling the back of his squishy baby thighs or the sides of his little round belly, or by saying words like "udder" (ask Ben on that one). He is an acrobat extraordinaire and can roll from his belly to his back and put his feet in his mouth. He loves playing with his toys on his playmat and sitting in his bumbo. His favorite food is still momma's milk, but he is increasingly liking rice cereal and will soon be introduced to the delicious world of sweet potatoes. He still hasn't mastered the sleeping through the night bit, but he is working on it. He enjoys car rides and has a bit of carcolespy like his mom. And he loves being outside.
My son is everything I dreamed he would be and so much more. He has taught me so much about unconditional love, so much about sacrifice and priorities, so much about changing diapers in the middle of the night without getting sprayed on, so much about how to bounce your leg while holding onto a kid with one hand and typing with the other, and so much about how our heavenly father loves and cares for us so deeply. Elisha Samuel you are a true blessing from God!
So here are some pics and the 6 month stats...
Weight: 15 lb 4 oz (10-25%)
Height: 25.5 in (10-25%)
Head: 44.5 (50%)
Weight: 15 lb 4 oz (10-25%)
Height: 25.5 in (10-25%)
Head: 44.5 (50%)
4 comments:
i've never seen one of those playyards...pretty cool. He is precious.=)
He is such a gift!! Love that little boy more that I ever ever thought I would!!
He has once again taught me about unconditional love---as a gigi. He's another person in this world I would give my life for. And his smiles make me melt and make me cry when I have to leave again. I also feel tremedous pride and love for his parents as I watch them watch over him. I am blessed.
Mimi so wants to see him! Such a beautiful baby...
Post a Comment