This morning, I woke at 7am (well I woke up a lot, but finally got up at 7) longing to hold my little boy. You see they took him back to the NICU early this morning to draw some blood and circumcise him. So as I lay in bed, my body aching for my son, in both the literal and figurative sense, I began to praise the L-rd of this universe. You see our G-d is a big god, with mighty power, but a gentle heart. The past five/six days have been a definite test of my patience, my strength, and my faith. But I rest assured that our G-d has a plan. He knows best, although I don't always give him the credit. My son was born 5 weeks early with few complications, a miracle in and of itself. He can breathe on his own, he eats like a champ, and sleeps like an 80 year old man. So maybe he has some issues regulating his temperature and shedding his yellowish tone, but that's minor, that's easily fixed. He is perfect, He is a child of the most high King, and he is our son! And it is then that I remember G-d gives us what we can handle, but he is always pushing and stretching us to become more, to be more like him, to love Him more, and to love His people more because He loves us so deeply. And so I praise G-d that he is pushing and stretching us, that he continues to shape and mold us into the people He has called us to be. And the good news, He will never leave nor forsake us. He is our biggest fan! So this morning (as I should every morning and every evening) I praise G-d for His provisions, for His love, for His son. -Brooke
4 comments:
His favorite color has to be purple. He turned purple; he wears purple! It's a regal color.
It looks like he is gaining weight. His cheeks are so cute!
Oh sweet little man... Elli thinks you are too cute even if you Are an auuu stinky boy! She can't wait for you to come home. What fun they will have!!!
Beautifully said Brooke. Keeping you in our prayers.
Post a Comment