You don't have to go all the way to Israel to meet G-d, however, you must follow where he leads. This morning I find myself in Kiriyat Israel, in one of the traditional sites for Emmaus. It's 4:30 and though it's early I am wide awake and ready for the sun to make it's way above the Judean hills. We traveled for what seemed like forever, and was definitely the longest day of my life, leaving my house at 4:45 am on Monday morning, not to arrive in Tel Aviv until 5:00 pm on Tuesday. We left New York just before midnight, flying towards the sun, and within a couple hours it was light outside. I slept great despite the length of my slumber and am excited to see how G-d will meet us today. Last evening he seemed to find a very personal spot for everyone and I know He is looking to again.
I listened to the stones in Gezer, the giant monolithic stones erected in centuries past, but they said nothing. Something happened there, something big, and something as of yet undiscovered. It seems as though they have forgotten why they are there. They cannot remember their mission. They have become nothing more than stone in a country built on rock. They are silent. Are we? Have we forgotten our mission? If I asked someone would they know what I stand for? Simple questions that may have difficult answers. Why are you here?
I even I am the L-rd. I have revealed, saved, and proclaimed, I and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses, declares the L-rd, that I am G-d.
What are we saying? What message are we bringing? I for one am saying that there is a G-d and his son Is Jesus, the messiah. Who will say it with me? The birds are beginning to sing their song of praise and light is creeping into my window. Soon the sun will give it's light once again to the land, and I will be there with my G-d, sh'ma Israel.
Tben
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing the thoughts. They make me miss Gezer and ask the same questions about myself.
Shema!
Robert
Post a Comment